Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday

I am so bummed that I missed daylight savings, no extra hour of sleep for me.

Another fabulous breakfast today at the Leela.  I ordered pancakes instead of french toast, it was very good, but the french toast is better.  I had a new waiter this morning, the chef sent him back to the table to verify that I really wanted pancakes & why I was not ordering the french toast again.  The coffee is good, I like that each cup is made fresh & served in a french press.

I took the walkway over to work this morning, I was not ready to play frogger with the traffic.  Sushant walked me back over at the end of the day; he made it seem so effortless to cross thru the mad traffic. We ventured down the street for lunch, I know I stick out in the crowd, lots of people staring, but I just embraced it and smiled. :)

Although I had an exciting taxi ride in from the airport on Saturday, Karthik shared his much more eventful experience with me.  Thankfully it was him & not me because I would have freaked out!!!  His taxi driver fell asleep at the wheel! craziness!  The driver had been up for days & should not have been driving.  Karthik had him pull over; he took over the wheel and drove himself while the driver rested.  WOW!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are enjoying your trip so far! Hope it stays like that because I heard one or two things from Linus about your Monday afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine,

    Tried to look for you at the Arrival gates in Bengaluru airport on Sat night at 2:30 - 3 AM ~ish - couldn't find you. :) My flight took off at 3:30 AM.

    Have a safe trip.

    Veeresh

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I do when I played frogger when going between the Leela and Intel is to find somebody who is slower than you and walk down traffic from them. I also heard that you want to maintain a constant pace. The drivers take that into account and drive accordingly. A co-worker said that people get hit because they stop all of the sudden and the car/bicycle was expecting them to keep walking.

    ReplyDelete